Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Epiphyllum Oxypetalum

Last night the night blooming cactus (Epiphyllum Oxypetalum) had 7 blooms to open. 2 opened the night before. All together, it started with 17 buds. I wasn't able to photograph them until this morning and they were starting to close up. Normally, the petals would be wide spread flat open and the pink stamen would be standing up.





The 17 buds


Hybiscus


This Orchid is blooming on old canes that were cut from the plant a year ago! Stuck the old bloom canes in water and almost of the canes have bloom stalks. I had heard this would happen, so I had to see if it really would. Now, I've seen it!


Sitting in this jar of water for over a year.

3 comments:

  1. If that plant has been in a jar of water for a year, then maybe ther's hope for the Trumpet tree you gave me. It is in water, has lost all it's leaves and has white dots all over the stem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that night cactus flower! What a beautiful surprise to wake up to.

    ReplyDelete