Monday, June 1, 2009

Bromeliad

I had a nice surprise when I went into the greenhouse today. I hadn't noticed the past few days because I sit low in the wheelchair and this plant was sitting on a stand by the back window. It had started to bloom.



What a gorgeous thing it is!






Bromeliads live best in trees-- that is where they grow naturally, in jungles of S. America. Of course, we've put them in pots! They need a little water in the flower cup to keep them happy and with the right amount of light and after a prolonged growth on some like this one, you will have a beautiful bloom.
Ed told me last night that he's been thinking and decided he should buy me a better camera now and not wait 'til Christmas, so that I can get better pictures of my flowers. Yeaaaa!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn - Pretty bromeliad. That would be nice of you Ed to buy Marilyn another camera.

    Marilyn - you have an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete