Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big disappointment

I have been rather "under the weather," literally and figuretively. It has rained a lot here and I haven't been in the garden very much and between Ed having cataract surgery, stress tests, and finally a heart cath and me having trouble with some affects of medicine the Dr. put me on--I've been a mess.


Then, Ed got out yesterday a.m. and found that my night blooming cereus had 2 spent blooms!! Didn't even know that one was about to bloom. It was out under the tall Sweetgum in a pot and seemed to like the amount of sun it received there.


The one I have on the deck just under the eave is a bigger plant and is showing 3 buds.

(These are last years buds)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot going on there, sorry to hear it.
    It is always interesting to hear about some of your plants that don't live in the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete