Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Day of Iris

As I perused the garden today, I saw several Iris in bloom.
There was an old fashion white:


An African Iris

















Walking Iris

Gets it's name from the growth habit. It flowers and the flower heavily droops to the ground, then a new plant forms as it sits on the ground. And, on and on...

















The beautiful Japanese Iris "Gamecock" with more blooms...








And, the one that saved my life-- Iris pseudocorus "Yellow Flag"




















An Iris dealer I would recommend:



http://www.schreinersgardens.com/


Sunshine Gardens

Ten Easy Rules to Follow for Beautiful Blooms:

Let me know if you can't read this and if you should want it, I'll send you a copy.












1 comment:

  1. Had no idea there were so many varieties of irises (and in your Southern yard alone!). These are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete