Sunday, March 22, 2009

Planting & Running (van) again


My van is back in shape. Ed has fixed the door problem. Thank Heavens for Ed!

I've been planting Salvia, as I always do in the "front of the house bed" and in the back bed along the driveway. Later, after the Garden Club plant sale April 3-4, I will add white vinca along the borders of the flower beds.

My new Hosta "Paradigm" arrived and is growing fast. It is up by 7 inches in one week. This is a very large leaf hosta with a dark red rim. I've also ordered "Sum & Substance" which is a large leaf hosta- a bright chartreuse green.

Liquid fertilizer has been watered on the hosta bed, all the newbie plants, and ferns.

All of the poinsettias have been cut back and cuttings planted to grow new ones.
Saturday, I spent the day moving some of the plants out of the greenhouse and cleaning it up.
There are several bloom buds on the cactus that blooms big red flowers and the cattelya orchid has two groups of 3 flowers each. The cane orchids have flower spikes reaching up with buds on top. Amyrillis are getting ready to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment