Sunday, March 7, 2010

A beautiful day at last


Daffodils


Forsythia

Vinca

It was so great to be able to get outside and enjoy the day. The sun was bright and no wind. It was the first time in weeks that I was able to enjoy being out working in the flower beds, getting out weeds and tidying up the winter debris. Checking in the greenhouse I find that I have no more orchids. The cold got them all but 2 small ones that were hanging, rather than being on the bench as were the others. Heat rises! I lost some Peace plants also.





5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the orchids and peace plants.
    We lost a couple of tropicals even though they were covered and in the freezer room. But you're right, today was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, I'm sorry to hear about the casualties. But, it's the perfect excuse to buy more!--Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had some awesome weather over the last week. It does feel like spring. I bet we get another freeze by the end of the month. Hopefully everything will be far enough along as not to effect the plants. Too bad you lost some plants.

    Marilyn I tried to root the plant just like you said by pulling off a leaf from the plant that looks like hens and chicks. I know that hens and chicks can be started that way. This one seems to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find a comment spot for your Marcvh 7 post so I'm putting it here. I too have daffodils and the blue trailing vinca growing in my garden here in Phoenix, AZ. I have trouble keeping the vinca under control. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your beautiful spring blooms! My gardens are still mostly snow covered but it is melting. Jean

    ReplyDelete