Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Brrrrrr!

It has been a long time since we've had weather this cold in the Mobile, Al area. Our heater has been running non-stop to keep up a somewhat comfortable temperature.
Last night was the end of many of my plants. Some will come back from root, however, some are gone for good. I had a split leaf philadendron by the porch that had grown as high as the porch roof--now gone.
Thankfully, we have the greenhouse for safekeeping of the potted plants such as orchids which have been in bloom.

4 comments:

  1. I have a feeling I am not going to have some of my plants return either...sigh
    I am envious of your greenhouse, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- at least you have a greenhouse! We are not getting this current cold spell, but had a week of the teens in December that took my Australian tree fern that I loved. Maybe I shouldn't be buying tropicals? Sorry about your philadendron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my elephant ears (not mine,but the plants) and most of our ferns have gone to see God. Please bring back our typical nuary weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heater running non stop in your place...., and air-conditioner running non stop too to lower the temperature down here. Happy gardening... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete